Heart Rhythm Disorder
The Heart Rhythm Center at VCS
VCS is fortunate to have a team of highly trained and experienced Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologists. Electrophysiologists, also called EP physicians, are cardiologists who have additional education and training in the diagnosis and treatment of abnormal heart rhythms. The team of EPs at Virginia Cardiovascular Specialists includes nationally-recognized leaders in the diagnosis and treatment of heart rhythm disorders.
Heart rhythm disorders, or arrhythmias, are problems that affect the electrical system, or "wiring," of the heart muscle. Heart arrhythmias are very common and nearly everyone will experience an abnormal heart rhythm at some point. Most are not serious. For those arrhythmias that are serious, it is important to determine the cause of the arrhythmia.
VCS offers a full spectrum of diagnostic and treatment options to diagnose and treat heart rhythm disorders:
- Comprehensive evaluation of heart rhythm disorders by an EP physician
- Diagnostic electrophysiology studies
- Syncope evaluation
- Pacemaker implantation, management and extraction
- ICD implantation, management and extraction
- Biventricular pacing for patients with congestive heart failure
- Comprehensive cardiac ablation therapy for all tachyarrhythmias
- 3-D mapping of complex arrhythmias
- Catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation
- Convergent (hybrid) Maze procedure for atrial fibrillation
- Robotic assisted ablation
- Active research in novel arrhythmias therapies
If your heart is out of rhythm, ask for an appointment with one of our EP physicians.