Maximizing your Virtual Visit
If you haven’t heard, VCS is now offering virtual visits for our patients. Now, you can conduct a face-to-face appointment with your cardiologist using your phone or computer without leaving the safety and comfort of your home.
Virtual visits are one of the many ways doctors and patients are responding to the corona virus pandemic. This is a new process for physicians and patients alike so we understand if you are a bit hesitant to try a virtual visit. To help you prepare we summarized our top tips for guaranteeing a successful first visit!
7 Tips for a Successful Virtual Visit
- Check your device- make sure your smartphone, tablet or computer has a functioning microphone and camera and has access to a reliable and secure WiFi or cellular network. Have questions – check out this helpful video from Backline.
- Make sure you have access to the correct browser – Chrome, Safari and Firefox are all functioning browsers. Internet Explorer is not an option for the visit.
- Conduct a quick “equipment test” at connect.ottohealth.com/video/test
- Find a quiet, well-lit setting in your home. This will make it easier for your provider to see and hear you.
- Have a list of current medications, your current weight, and blood pressure reading (if you have a home blood pressure cuff).
- Make a list of questions to ask your provider- sometimes it is easy to forget what you wanted to ask when you are conducting the call. If there is something you forgot to ask our patient portal is a convenient tool to message your provider.
- Write down any follow-up plans, tests to be scheduled or medication recommendations at the conclusion of your visit.
We are working hard to make your virtual visit as smooth as possible. After you schedule your appointment please make sure you received your appointment link via email (check your spam folder) or text. If not, please give us a call at 804.288.4827 or download this helpful guide.
Published April 16, 2020